The Indian dessert that no one can resist, Kheer is a staple to celebrate every happy occasion. Vermicelli cooked with milk, gulkand and sugar to make this thick and delicious Kheer.
Ingredients of Gulkand Seviyan Kheer
2 tsp Ghee
1 Tbsp Cashews (halved)
1 Cup Seviyan (vermicelli, thin)
3-4 Cups Low-fat milk
1 Tbsp Gulkand
1 Tbsp Saffron
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Rose essence
How to Make Gulkand Seviyan Kheer
1. Fry the cashews in a heavy-bottom pan in 1 tsp of ghee on medium-low heat. Keep them aside for garnishing.
2. In the same pan, add remaining ghee and vermicelli. Roast them stirring gently for 5 minutes on medium heat. If you are using roasted vermicelli then only cook them for a minute in the ghee.
3. Add milk, gulkand, half of the cashews, raisins and saffron and bring it to a gentle boil. Add sugar and cook on medium low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
4. If the kheer looks thick, add some more milk to it. Add rose essence, stir well and turn the heat off.
5. Serve hot, chilled or as desired.