For the Saffron Layer
1/2 kg potato
100 gm grated cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp haldi powder
1 tsp of yellow food colour
For the White Layer
1 packet egg noodles
For the White sauce
100gm grated cheese
1 cup milk
1 chicken soup cube
For the Green Layer
400 gm chicken mince
1 onion, chopped fine
1 tomato, chopped fine
1 green chilly
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 bunches of spring onion greens, chopped fine
2 tbsp green food colour
For the saffron layerIngredients
5-6 Green Onions
6 small Shiitake Mushrooms, re-hydrated, finely sliced
5 cups Chicken Broth or Stock
2 cups Shredded, Poached, Chicken Breast
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
1. Slice the onions finely, reserving the green part of garnish later.
2. Add the chicken broth to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add the shredded chicken and stir well.
5. Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper until frothy and thick.
6. Steadily pour the mixture into the pot, constantly stirring to form shreds.
7. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
8. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
9. Serve in soup bowls with the reserved green onions.
Boil potatoes. Mash and keep aside. Grate 100 gm cheese and add it to the mashed potatoes. Add milk, butter and haldi and mix well.
For the white layer
Cook the noodles for 3 mins and keep aside.
To prepare the white sauce,(stovetop). Melt butter in a pan, add 1 tbsp flour and mix well. Add the milk and keep stirring. Then add the grated cheese and soup cube. Stir till it thickens. Take off the fire. Beat 1 egg. When the sauce has cooled, add the beaten egg, stirring continously. Add the white sauce to the noodles.
For the green layer
Cook the chicken mince for about 10 minutes. Add onion, tomato, green chilly and ginger-garlic paste. Add salt to taste. Next, add spring onions. Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste. Add green food colour and mix well.
How to layer
Grease a square baking dish (preferably glass). Layer the bottom with the green chicken paste, then add the noodles for the white layer and top it up with the saffron mash potatoes. Bake in the oven for about 20 mins